The following regulations are put in place to help benefit the environment and wildlife around the Temple Wood Natural Burial Ground site.
As a mark of respect for the deceased and other visitors we ask that everyone using the site acts with due care and respect and we reserve the right to refuse access to anyone who does not.
- No seeds may be scattered on the burial ground without our approval.
- It is prohibited to pick any flowers or shrubs from the site.
- All vehicles parked in the car park are left at the owner’s risk.
- Mobile phones should be turned to silent.
- Children must be supervised by a responsible adult.
- Dogs must be kept on leads, and please clear up after your dog.
- Please take any litter home with you.
- No vases are to be sunk into the soil.
- Only loose flowers should be placed on the plots. No plastic packaging or decorative items should be left on the site. Items will be removed.
- No burial of embalmed bodies is permitted. Embalming, sometimes called “Hygienic treatment”, involves toxic chemicals that might leach into the surrounding soil.
- No items should be buried with bodies or ashes which might release toxins, such as batteries, electronic devices.
- Temple Wood Natural Burial Ground reserves the right to amend or add to these regulations.
The site is a 5 acre meadow on the edge of Temple Wood. The meadowland provides a natural habitat for insects, birds, and deer/other wildlife. It provides an ideal resting place for loved ones whether it is a natural burial, interment or scattering of ashes. It is also a peaceful and serene place for family to visit and recall loving memories.
PLANNING A FUNERAL
A Funeral Director can make all the usual arrangements and we will work alongside them to provide a professional and caring service.
Single plots are always available. If you would like a “Family” Plot we cannot guarantee availability unless reserved in advance.
A price structure is in place related to the requirements of the individual burial. We can offer a Single Grave Plot, a Single Ashes Plot, Scattering of Ashes, a Native Tree with a Plaque and the hire of an Event Shelter.